During various sports, a wide spectrum of injuries could be sustained in the foot and ankle area. The type of injury depends on the nature of the force, its intensity and direction, the footwear that was used at the time of the injury as well the patients age and bone and soft tissue quality.
Among the most common injures sustained are:
- Injuries to the lateral ligaments of the ankle
- Cartilage Lesions within the ankle joint
- Achilles tendon partial and complete ruptures
- Fractures of the ankle joint
- Fracture of the 5th Metatarsal
Ligament Injuries of the Ankle Joint:
Cartilage Lesions within the ankle joint:
Follow this link.
Watch the interview with Mr Shalaby about Sports Injuries: